This is a tried and tested recipe and has received good feedback to ease back pain and general muscle pain.
- 50ml glass bottle with dropper or similar
- 50ml Evening Primrose oil
- 7 drops Pine (Pinesea) pure essential oil
- 8 drops Rosemary pure essential oil
- 7 drops Marjoram (sweet) pure essential oil
- 8 drops Fennel pure essential oil
- 2 drops Neroli pure essential oil (optional)
The Evening Primrose oil has been chosen as the base because of its benefits for skin. This mix would not be true without Rosemary, said to be beneficial for muscle pain, cramps and sprains. Marine Pine (Pinesea) has been used mostly for its analgesic properties and is said to help ease arthritis.
Marjoram is also used for its properties to help relax tense muscles and ease rheumatic problems. Fennel to help with removing toxins released by the massage and adding a couple of drops of neroli will complete the relaxation and ease the muscle pain.
The action of massage in itself can often ease strained or tight muscle and the above mix will hopefully make you feel even better and help ease those aches and pains. It is beneficial to warm a massage blend first for better absorption plus it is easier to get it out of the bottle. Alternatively add a few drops to your bath and soak away the pain.